Have you ever heard of oil pulling? it’s a little known Ayurvedic technique of sesame oil swishing used naturally for oral and dental hygiene. We just finished our first detox at ESY, about thirty people have been faithfully swishing daily and many noticed a difference in their teeth and gums. So I thought everyone should know about this hygienic gem. Also check out the website linked below you can even watch a demo. The site claims removal of hundreds of conditions such as allergens, colds and headaches.
Try it for yourself!
how to oil pull
First thing in the morning, before brushing your teeth, eating or drinking, take 1 TBS of either sesame oil. Put the oil in your mouth, tilt your chin up and slowly swish, suck, chomp and pull through the teeth. Do this for at least 10 minutes. 15 – 20 minutes is better. You want the oil to become thin, white foam when you finally spit it out. If it’s still yellow, you haven’t done it long enough.
Make sure you do it on an empty stomach, however. Spit it out in the toilet when your mouth is full and rinse your mouth out well. The oil will start to thin out after a few minutes because saliva is constantly being mixed in and swished about.
Follow by drinking 2 – 3 glasses of water.
DO NOT SWALLOW THE OIL (it contains parasites and bacteria!)
DO NOT GARGLE IN THE THROAT. SWISH SLOWLY
HOW IT WORKS:
The oil pulls all mucous, bacteria and toxins from your body through your saliva. According to Ayurvedic medicine, mucous is a poison that must be removed.
1) Keeping chin tilted up makes sure oil gets to the back molars.
2) Sesame and sunflower oils produce most favorable results.
3) If after meals, wait 4 hours. After drinking, wait 1 hour.
4) Worsening symptoms is an excellent indication
5) Do not stop Oil Pulling if you feel aggravated symptoms or heightened side effects after a day or two. Your body is healing.
6) Will your dental fillings fall out? It’s possible but highly unlikely unless there is pre-existing damage or loose fillings.